Sunday, September 6, 2009

Brown Discharge That Smells

nearly two weeks lima ..

hallo ihr lieben!
es tut mir leid, dass ich so wenig mit euch kommuniziere im moment, aber mein internet verabschiedet sich regelmäßig genau in dem moment, an dem ich ca 3/4 einer email getippt habe. was dann bedeutet, dass ich sie theoretsich beim nächsten Internet gang would have to write again. Also the internet is slow ... tiiierisch So you wonder ncith if I mail ncith. Unfortunately, this works einfahc ncith neat!
the weekend was very eventful: On Saturday we went downtown in the historic limas, a Franciscan monastery, a museum of inquisition and lots of ruins were visited. besides, I have bravely tried another Peruvian specialty: cebiche that is raw, in lemon juice and aji (the Peruvian chili), pickled fish. And you will believe ncith, but so far my stomach constitutional amount intestine technically still full on!
today, Sunday, then the trip to canta. canta is a mountain village at about 3800 meters height. So we drove through the beautiful Andean landscape with our already proven turquoise bus + driver. gradually, however, it was always scary, because the bus drove along felt only 2 cm at the abyss, the outlook was beautiful in those moments then assessed moderate. The last piece was finally climbed mountain on foot: between cattle cactus, rocks and thorny bushes, it went up also. and this was also the moment got to feel, mountain air in which we dreaded. walk a few meters after you had already belonging palpitations, breathing hard: the body had to do it more to the oxygen from the air to . Come gradually I got headache and who were also on the way back only slowly improving.
you have to imagine the streets outside of Lima that is about as bad a German forest, including even a fair amount of stones on top. Add to that the suspension of the bus, which deserves this name really does ncith. This situation then calls simultaneously on the bus even permanently out background noise: disc brakes, squeal, distances in regular is down neatly on the horn (see: the Peruvian hup-rated) rattles and everything else niet ncith and nail stuck too even to himself:)
all in all but this a really interesting and fun experience that their hardships were worth it! and gradually I develop a certain trust for Peruvian driving style: after several micro bus including regular heart attack risk and the experiences in the turquoise hired bus, I have not seen one tiny accident! not even a mirror is departed! that is with this sharp millimeter traveling as a miracle.
as you realize maybe I was in Lima acclimatized clear. everything is not so terrifying for me. I have Peruvian friends (ages 4-15) found that regular party volleyball or soccer on the other side of the road played. Furthermore, I'm talking for example on the bus now people are nice and with the stress that I am a volunteer for a year here and help people who are still worse off in muuuch than any lima. to this standard rate me down all always find very nice, admirable, ultimately pretty anyway and I imagine that potential freeloaders and thieves so nice of me to hold gringa:)

ps. in Lima, there is a day of the year, is celebrated on which the pisco (brandy). On this occasion seriously bubbling from the fountain in the main square of Lima (plaza de armas) pisco out, so you can make use of a glass! the spin, the Peruvians!

pps. Peruvian honk for Beginners:
loud honk = "hey, I'll pick you up now, just, just not moving cm to the left!" or "asshole!" or "observation, I am coming down to this blind curve!" or "Hi, we stop here now, just so you know in your modest homes. (-> one must come and offer us a toilet for example)" or "I just anyway horn in front of me, because I have a little macho peuanischer am! " or "aaah, blond gringos / Gringas, I have to quickly get rid of even a lewd honk!" , To name but a few examples.
further distances honking cars driving backwards, automatically on a regular. some can dann sogar hübsche melodien erklingen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment